Intro

I've decided to start blogging again....have everything in the one place! Comments always welcome and thanks for looking!

Saturday 22 February 2014

52 CCT Challenge

This weeks challenge is to make a Christmas card using Metallic Paper. I don't actually like "Mirror card" so a real challenge for me to use it! After rummaging around in a box of stuff waiting to be given away I found a piece! I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out so now going to keep the remaining sheets!

First of all I die cut the flower using Tim Holtz Tatterd Floral die, alcohol inked ...to reduce the glare LOL then mounted on die cut pennants. The top one was embossed with  polka dots and Treasure Gold rubbed into it in Royal Amethyst and Silver colours to carry on the metallic theme. I love the smell of Treasure Gold! Die cut the flourishes in mirror card and left those as they were!

I'm also going to enter this in the Daring Cardmakers "Old but not Forgotten" challenge as my use of Mirror card is just perfect!

Thanks for looking x








10 comments:

  1. Oh wow - excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor....this is AMAZING and absolutely gorgeous!! A real stunner Pat. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT. So glad you found that paper to use :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another WIN, Pat! I LOVE this!!! The colors are gorgeous and I adore that amazing bloom! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of your weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the colours and the shimmer on the flower is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with my Old but Not Forgotten dare this week at the Daring Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sooo beautiful! Interesting colour scheme for a christmas card, nice and winterly. And I love your clean and simple style. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is just gorgeous. Love the colours, the texture on the flower - it has a beautiful shimmer. thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the little flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO beautiful Pat, I love the gorgeous alcohol ink colours in your embossed metallic flower! The flourishes and flag banners are perfect accents too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please join us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Stunning" just isn't good enough, Pat. Absolutely gorgeous, lush colours... and that metallic flower is nothing short of regal. Wow! And again I say WOW!
    Thanks for joining the February Stash challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a "mirror card person" either, LOL, so I really like that you've used the alcohol inks on yours! It's a very clever way to really step it up a notch! The colors in your flower are lovely. Well done, Pat! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely amazing! Love the addition of inks and embossing. Thanks for joining in with our metallic papers challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete